Thursday, July 9, 2009

My Favorite Song, pt. 1: Introductions

Everyone gets asked the question, it's almost a mandate when you tell someone that you are really interested in music that they ask you. It's not often that I have an answer though. It seems to me that I give a different answer each time, depending on my mood or what I just heard. So let's lay this one to rest once and for all:

What is my favorite song?

The best way to figure this out is, of course, by entering each song into a pool for a single elimination "March Madness" style tournament.

There will be four divisions of eight songs each that will be pitted against each other in a head-to-head fashion. The four divisions will be:

East - Classics: these are the songs that I traditionally answer with. It will be a tough division and only one will be able to emerge as the top.

West - Current:
These are the songs that have been blowing up my iTunes lately. Since these usually have a big impact on the way I answer they are getting their own bracket.

North - Nostalgia: These are the songs that I would have claimed to love five years ago. Warning: I was a bit emo, but still awesome, so no worries.

South - Wild Cards: I don't even know what may end up in this category. It could be songs that I haven't listened to in years or just a song that I really dig but didn't make another category. We'll see.

I'm going to start in on making the brackets now and I should have a post up sometime in the next day or two. There may even be some mp3's to go with them, who knows.

Please comment and let me know what you think of the songs!

No comments: